Wisdom

Spring is not the easiest writing time for me. I'm getting up early, forcing myself to write at least two pages a day...because once the sun comes up, I'm useless. It's so beautiful outside who in the world wants to sit and write?!
But, as I mentioned before, along with spring comes the insatiable urge to read L. M. Montgomery books. I don't know why...but I've read at least one of her novels every spring since I was...ten, I think. This year, in my devouring of Anne of Green Gables, I've been jotting down some of the wisdom I find there to share with you.

Here's one that has "writer" all over it:
"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?"
You know you're a writer when...you have more interests than you know what to do with, so you write about them!


And another that should be inspiring:
"Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"


This one I found particularly timely (Molly, I thought of you :):
"There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."


Ok, I'm going to go be unproductive some more. Or maybe scare up some dinner. Sigh. It'll be a picnic!

Comments

  1. I feel the same way about writing in the spring. My most productive writing month is August because it's a horrible month to be outside where I live.

    My binge reading season is actually winter though. I think it's because I always had more time to read over Christmas break than at any other time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's impossible to get much done when the weather changes. It's as if the fates are conspiring to draw us outside and distract us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Anne of Green Gables. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone won something most awesome on my blog!!!! Hint, hint... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote! I'm so glad and touched that you thought of me. I think I *would* be less troublesome if there were only one Molly in me. But alas, I cannot change the way I am. : ) And I wouldn't.
    However, I have a terrible, terrible confession to make: I have not read the Anne books! -gasp!-
    You are inspiring me to start right away. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both quotes are great. And it's true, I'm often amazed at how there is to write--just as I'm amazed at how much there is to read. We could literally find one obsession after another, and never be done. Whole rows of books in the library, multitudes of topics and authors and genres. Ah, spring! Everyone's nicer here in Chicago--smiling more, joking around, letting down the thick layer of self-protection built up during the winter. Great post--always nice to get inspired and get all wisdom'd out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts