Ok, I know you have a huge pile of books to read, but...



...you should read Crunch, by Leslie Connor. It released at the end of March, and I'm nearly finished reading it now.
Here's why you should read it:
1) Amazing characters. I love when an author is able to create a moving, interesting story that is centered around a loving family. I know that every story doesn't work this way (hmm, none of mine do, come to think of it--I've got a couple orphans, I admit), but I have a special place in my heart and on my bookshelf for ones that do. Crunch is going right up with my Elizabeth Enright, Eleanor Estes, and Jeanne Birdsall.
2) Intriguing premise. The world is running low on gasoline. And Dewey Marriss is in charge of running his family's bike shop while his parents are away for a few days--except those few days turn into a lot of days when every gas station closes their pumps.
3) Isn't the cover beautiful? Love it.
5) If you happen to live in the general vincinity of Connecticut's shoreline, you'll get a kick out of her use of the setting. I'm having a lot of fun picking out towns and places I know in her story. (Similar to the stories of another CT author mentioned above, Eleanor Estes!)
4) Leslie Connor is an amazing woman who gave me one of my first positive critiques on my very first chapter of my very first manuscript, as well as other works. But even if she wasn't a friend, I would still tell you to read this. Truly.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. I like the cover, and the story sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I loved The Penderwicks. I will add this to my list! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts