Come shamelessly plug your character :)

A few days ago, Hilary Wagner hosted a cool opportunity for writer bloggers to introduce themselves to each other in her comments... I've had the chance to meet and begin to get to know lots of really fun writers (hi!).
But now that I know you, I want to meet your characters! So I have some questions for them, this time:

1.What would your perfect day be like?
2. What is your worst nightmare?
3. Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Answer any or all of these questions in the comments (or on your blog and share a link), so we can get to know your character-babies. :)

As an example, I'll answer the first two for my character, Jenny (she's a 15-year-old orphan who works in a vineyard in Medieval France, just so you know):

1. A perfect day? Is such a thing possible for me? I saw a girl walking in the village once, with her parents. Her mother held her hand and her father walked behind, protecting them, smiling, proud. They belonged together. If I could have one such moment, I would never be so presumptuous as to ask for an entire perfect day. Perfection is a luxury for the wealthy.

2. My dreams are plagued with demons of my past and fears for my present. My stomach is always empty. Beggar children in the street stare at me, and their mothers turn them away. Again and again, I am thrown from others' homes. Homes that will never be mine. I laugh at them in my dreams, and I wake laughing, for there is nothing else to do; but my laughter is bitter as unripe grapes on my tongue.

(The image is Juene Bergere Debout, by William Adolphe Bouguereau. I know it's the wrong time period, and Jenny's not a shepherdess...but it encompasses her personality so completely that it is how I picture Jenny now!)

Comments

  1. My picture book, Lemur Troops & Critter Groups is a collection of rhymes that teach animal congregations, so there really isn't a main character in that one. My other book, A New Job for Dilly, features a little brown rat who loves sour pickles. So, to go with Dilly, he would say ...

    1. What would your perfect day be like? My perfect day would be a day off from work, just relaxing in the dump, surrounded by lots and lots of sour pickles. I would eat and eat and eat!

    2. What is your worst nightmare? My worst nightmare would be running out of pickles. They're my favorite food. Of course, cats would be another nightmare.

    3. Where do you see yourself in ten years? I see myself happy, enjoying my job, maybe having a new friend, and eating lots of pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun idea. I love it. I love getting to see your character and your writing! I am already intrigued by your book. I am feeling a bit shy about sharing my main character, but i'll just do a little bit... to expand my "courage zone' as Bob Mayer would say.

    1. My perfect day would be spent by the sea.
    2. My worst nightmare is that they will find out the truth about me, and that nothing will ever be the same again.
    3. In ten years, I only hope I will be far enough away from here that my family won't be endangered by who and what I am.

    (No, it's not a vampire book!) Thanks for the fun exercise, Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. I have been working on interviewing my characters on my blog. The best interview so far was for Talia, but I have interviewed Landry as well. Complete with character theme songs. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts