The new look...in honor of my new WIP

I've left Revolutionary America for the time being and sped back to Medieval France, the setting of my current work in progress. The new blog look is supposed to keep me inspired...plus I just think it's pretty.
Here's a little blurb about my new book:


THE WITHERING VINE
Medieval France.
Genevieve longs for a home; since her father's death when she was a child, she has known many lodgings but never a place where she belonged. At fifteen, she is under the care of Antoine and Colette, the owners of a vineyard in the south of France. Though she seeks to make a place for herself amidst their rows of vines and within their hearts, the vines are failing and their hearts are cold. When she finds a mysterious manuscript buried under a dead vine in the corner of the vineyard and discovers that its first word is 'Jacques', the name of Antoine's one-time friend and long-time rival, she suspects it may contain the answers she needs to save the vineyard. Genevieve vows to learn to read it, to earn herself a place in the world despite her lack of education or support, and soon finds that the book may be even more than she had thought. It may contain the answer to a secret of her past.

Comments

  1. Looks great!

    All the best with your new novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, your book sounds wonderful! Thank you for being brave enough to share the blurb about it. I love knowing what people are working on. And the new look is fabulous. Hope it brings you tons of inspiration. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you found the perfect look to match the new book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background and this book sounds like an amazing read. Historicals aren't usually my first choice, but I have a passion for learning about wine and viticulture. I am intrigued and look forward to buying your book when it's out there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Withering Vine sounds incredibly intriguing. I would love to read it when it's published. How far along are you on it?

    And I really like your new blog look. You are talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know how much I LOVE this story. Can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your encouragement is so appreciated, everyone. I am really close to finishing a fairly polished draft...you know, the one after the pages and pages of disconnected scenes and character studies. I'm hoping to have that finished by the end of the month, then go back to weave in some important historical details, wine details, and character details that somehow didn't make their way into my brain until last week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts