Claudia's fountain!

One last picture from the Met, forgotten in Wednesday's post:
 

After listening to From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler (also known as The Book with the Awesome Title that Makes the Current One-Word-Title Trend Seem Silly), the girls were probably more excited about this moment than any other. :) And, just in case you're wondering, I let them neither bathe in it nor collect the coins...despite being asked if they could do both.

You just can't blame Claudia Kincaid for wanting to live in the museum... I could get pretty cozy there myself.

Comments

  1. That's so cool that you got to take your kids to Claudia's fountain! Someday, I hope to take my kids there as well.
    Totally agree about the one word title phase. There's so many great longer titles out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed she got to keep those long titles. Especially the "Hecate and me, Elizabeth" one. Of course, once she "became EL Konigsburg," it was different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that book ... actually much of ELK. Giggling about the girls wanting to take a bath and collect the coins in the fountain :) You must watch NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM and it will evaporate any notions of wanting to sleep in them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts