A day at the Met

Last Saturday, we took a whirlwind trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. (The best thing about living in Connecticut is you can take a daytrip to "the City" without actually living in the city.)
 
So here are a few beautiful things for you:
 
Sketching...
 
Roman Girl at a Fountain, Leon Bonnat
 
Pygmalion and Galatea, by Jean-Leon Gerome
(As we've recently read the myth together, the girls loved this.)
 
Another favorite: The Calmady Children, by Sir Thomas Lawrence
 
  
The girls wanted a picture by this painting by Zoe's favorite artist, Edgar Degas.
 


Comments

  1. Oooh, thanks for sharing. All those rosy-cheeked girls!!! So beautiful. I think the only way to go to a museum is with a notebook in hand. Did you get a chance to scribble some too, or was it soaking up time? Did the girls pose like the Degas' girls at some point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soaking up time for me! We brought my sister who had never seen the Met before, so we were scrambling a little to get all the highlights.
      And the girls pose like the Degas girls EVERY day....but not there. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh lucky you! That looks like so much fun. I love that your girls already know their favorite artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a few: Zoe prefers Degas and Renoir, but Lucy's favorite is Carl Larrson. Unfortunately, they have none of his paintings at the Met, so she plans on traveling to Sweden someday to see them! :)

      Delete
  3. That is fun -- enjoying the city without living in it. Looks like a grand day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could tolerate living in the city, but it is SO much fun to visit.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a perfect day. And I love that Zoe has a favorite artist already! I'm still not sure that I do. We'll have to meet up in the city someday : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Zoe has a favorite artist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how fun. I've never wanted to live in the city, but being able to pop in for the day would suit me just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts