The Secret Adventures of Gertrude and Happy Doll

 On Friday night, we visited my parents and Lucy and Zoe brought their dollies. In typical toddler form (and, okay, typical parent-of-toddler form), we forgot to bring them home with us. Since we live about 30 minutes away and did not discover our mistake until, 2 miles from home, we heard the wails of a two-year-old in the back seat, Gertrude and Happy had to spend the night at Grampa and Munga's house.
In the morning, though, much comfort was to be had from the emails Lucy and Zoe received from their dolls. I have it on good authority that a certain Mr. Pink Hippopotamus took these photos of them throughout the night and next morning:
Watching The Little Drummer Boy

Eating Lollipops
Playing drums...along with the movie, I guess.
Building things

Eating rice for breakfast

Climbing trees

Looking for worms in the compost (a favorite activity of my girls, who think worms are "cute")

  
Saying a prayer

The dolls and their little mamas were reunited that afternoon with much wonder and rejoicing on all parts!

Comments

  1. And it doesn't end when they grow older. My girl (age 10) is still concocting elaborate scenes with her little people and animals.

    How sweet of the grandparents to do this. I confess I will rearrange the playthings that tell a story when I am tidying up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The looking for worms one is especially cute! How darling! So glad they were well taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a wonderful Grampa and Munga to take such good care of their grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Er, I meant to say: What a wonderful Grampa and Munga to take such good care of their *great*-grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet, thoughtful, and creative for the grandparents to do this! I'm going to remember this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soo cute! I love the dolls' names too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts