A Random Cup of Inspiration and a Few Dashes of Fun

Every once in a while, I just get such a kick out of the quotes on my iGoogle page, I just have to share them....so, here you go. Come on, all writers love quotes, right? Happy Sunday--and enjoy the completely random pictures...Lucy got hold of our camera and went crazy! 

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work.
Thomas Edison
Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
Dr. Suess

Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
Oscar Wilde




A stiff apology is a second insult... The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt. 
G. K. Chesterton
 
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain



If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world.
C. S. Lewis
 



 

'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'
  J. R. R. Tolkien
 
Silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way.
Jane Austen
 
 
Minds, like bodies, will often fall into a pimpled, ill-conditioned state from mere excess of comfort.
Charles Dickens
 
 
 
 




Comments

  1. I love quotes - I haven't seen the apology one before. That one's going to go up in my classroom tomorrow! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! I loved the photos too, especially the one of the reflection in the glass ball thing. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these. I'd never seen the apology one either, and it is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oscar Wilde writes really beautiful prose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts