I'm "it"!

Plain Jane tagged me a couple days ago. :) You probably all know what this is about by now: 5 questions, 5 answers for each. I'm always up for a good game of tag, so I'll play along.

Where were you five years ago?


1. Studying for my finals at Franciscan University of Steubenville. There was this one heck of an oral exam for my Honors Class...totally killed it, but nearly killed myself studying first.

2. Probably on the phone with Mark. We were recently engaged and kept Verizon Wireless in business.

3. Pretending that I was a writer. (That is, telling people, "I hope to write children's books someday." And, um, never forcing myself to get past page 10.)

4. Addicted to Iron Chef...actually, I'm still kind of addicted.

5. Waiting for my first Goddaughter to be born. She kept us on our toes.



Where would you like to be five years from now?

1. In a old (or old-looking) house somewhere close to our families.

2. Homeschooling my two oldest with a couple more little ones toddling about.

3. Published.

4. Putting on plays with our daughters and their friends.

5. Wait, did I say published?



What is on your to-do list today?

1. Oh, you don't even want to know how long it is...but... Finish revised outline of WIP so I can seriously buckle down to finishing it..

2. Housework (that accounts for about 15 entries on the list).

3. Critique a full ms for critique group friend.

4. Play fairies with Lucy.

5. Surprise Mark by planning some sort of date for tomorrow. (Luckily, he is way busier than me today, so I'm pretty sure he won't read this!)



What five snacks do you enjoy?

1. Salt and Vinegar chips.

2. Olives.

3. Red peppers and dip.

4. Sour Skittles (Actually, sour anything).

5. Caramel rice cakes. (Is that weird? I actually could care less that they're "good" for me.)



What would you do if you were a Billionaire?

1. Give away all but a couple million.

2. Ok, this one's complicated, but do something really amazing for orphans and make it possible for potential adoptive parents without the finances to adopt them. I guess being a reader and writer you can't help but think about orphans a whole lot.

3. Pay off my college debt.

4. Design and build our dream house. It would have many secret rooms, paneled walls, and numerous closets.

5. Travel with the whole family to Europe, New Zealand, Puerto Rico....and a lot of other places...


Ok, since this has been around a bit...I don't know who on earth has been tagged and who hasn't. I could tag my alien friends, but they're not so good at English yet. So, how about this:
If I follow your blog and you really really really want to be tagged, let me know.
Wow, I'm way more competetive than this in real life!

(NOTE on 5/7: Molly Hall, per her request, has just been tagged. Go see her very inspirational blog! :)

Comments

  1. These are so fun to read an learn different things about people. Thanks for sharing Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snack foods sound really good. I'll have to try caramel rice cakes. I'll have to try housework too lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how far you've come in five years! From wanting to write to an award. Huge.

    My sister works on Iron Chef. She got my son and me into the audience the summer before last. It was so cool. My family loves that show too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so with you on the travel. there are so many amazing places to visit - it's hard to know even where I'd most like to start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this stuff! Getting to learn about each other's lives. It makes our little blog community so much more personal! Thanks for sharing all this. I am FASCINATED that you are thinking of homeschooling. I am on the brink of making that choice for my little girl. Wow. To know that you are thinking about it and STILL planning to write, and even have more babies!! I'm inspired. If you can do it, I can do it! (Though I am not too sure about more babies... )
    Tag me! I'd love to play too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list. awwww saltnvinegar chips my favourite!!!!

    I'm amazed at the amount of bloggers I have met who homeschool. Here in NZ I always thought it was something that parents did in remote areas, but I recently learnt that a family, here in Oxford, homeschool their nine children and theyre not that far away from the local school. I wonder what makes them decide to do that instead of sending the kids to school.

    What made you choose homeschooling?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Faith! I came by from Jane's blog, and I am so glad I did as you have used my fave flower-fairy picture, which meant I had to instantly click the follow button!

    Your dream house sounds like my dream house. I think I was hooked on secret staircases and large houses with hidey holes ever since reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe! The description of the house in that book perfectly fits my dream dwelling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are so great. :)

    Theresa, that is so amazing that you got to watch Iron Chef in person! I am seriously jealous...and I really want to know: Is it REALLY a secret, secret ingredient? I've been slowly eaten away with curiosity about this grave matter...

    Jayne, thanks for following! Yes, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was definitely an influence in my dream house... I read so many books like that when I was little that I used to scour each new house I loved into (my family moved a lot) looking for loose floor boards, hollow spots in the walls... It got kind of obsessive, but someday I'll find something! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. On homeschooling....
    There are many reasons I've chosen to homeschool my children. It was a pretty easy decision to make because I was homeschooled myself for twelve years, my husband was homeschooled for 6 years...and we both had really good experiences with it. I felt that I was prepared exceptionally well acedemically, socially, and philosophically for university studies... Academics were always important, but staying committed to family and following our dreams were also emphasized in a way that I have rarely seen in a school environment. I actually have my degree in early childhood education, but I don't believe that a degree in the field is at all necessary to succeed in educating your children. You should definitely go for it, Molly! I can see that you would be a wonderful teacher for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And you are so tagged, Molly. I'm looking forward to learning more about you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts