A light sprinkling of awards

First, while we're on the topic of awards, I'd like to congratulate my mother-in-law, Nancy Langdale Hough, for placing as a finalist in the Tassy Walden Award for New Voices in Children's Literature! (They haven't updated the site yet, but you can read about how cool the award is. And sneak a look at a picture of me from the award ceremony last year. ;) Her MG novel, Wayfarers, is brilliant, beautiful, and well-deserving of the honor. Congratulations, Mama! (If you want to congratulate her yourself, stop over to our family critique group blog...)

Here's Zoe saying, "Hooray, Nana!"


Next, thank you to two bloggers who have presented me with blog awards...


Karen gave me this Sweet Blogger Award a whiiiiiiile back, but I'm so bad at getting to these things.
I'm passing it on to three sweet bloggers who always make my days cheerier with their posts and comments:
Molly at Writer Mama Dreamer
Myrna at Night Writer
and Kiki Hamilton.


And Priya gave me the Prolific Blogger Award.... I'm having a really hard time deciding who to give this one to, because it seems to have made the rounds....
Samuel Park gets it for being frequently inspirational...
and... I have to give it to Niki just because I enjoyed her A to Z posts so much. (Even though I now want to spend a few months in New Zealand.) (Even though I think she already has it!)
But I'm afraid I'm going to continue my rule-breaking streak and stop there. And the pass-it-on rule just became optional for both of them....like I always say about these rules: they're more actual guidelines. 

Comments

  1. Congrats on your awards! The name of your MIL's novel caught my eye because we have a state park just down the road from us with the same name, Wayfarers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks Faith, this is lovely :o) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a talented family! You, your husband, his mom-- all writers! Do you edit each other's work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your mom! I'm not sure I could handle other writers in the family, though my daughter is trying to start out ... it must be either awesome or terrible. Probably awesome since you blog about it.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations indeed!

    And I love that backdrop on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Faith! Congrats on your award and your mother-in-law's. It's fun to have other writers in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to you and your mom-in-law!

    Niki made me want to start saving for a visit to NZ too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on all the good news and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, everyone.
    It is REALLY great having writers in the family--it gives you someone to be accountable to, someone close who will understand the struggle and determination needed, who won't laugh at you or tell you to give up when you get rejection letters...and who'll share their champagne with you when they win awards. ;) And we are usually the first readers of each other's work, too, which is so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Faith! I really appreciate it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Faith for mentioning the Tassy Awards! (Is she a great daughter-in-law or what!) And many thanks to your bloggers who so kindly sent congratulations my way ~ what great people!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts