Battles

One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying. ~Joan of Arc

Joan of Arc, by Jules Bastien-Lepage 

St. Joan of Arc, the brave maiden who followed a call that seemed beyond ridiculous, the soldier who defeated armies, the girl who saved France, announced herself as the patron saint of my WIP sometime last year. I'm turning to her today to keep me inspired through a revision that is beating me up. Often writing seems like a ridiculous call to follow...but it's only my laziness and lack of courage that I have to defeat.

Comments

  1. I hear you, Faith. May St. Joan pray for you to have courage and defeat the laziness (somehow I doubt you are lazy though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and on the purely human level, I will repeat what I told you when you were a young girl, with the obvious slight modification: "You are a Hough! You CAN do it!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. xo
    It is hard to write and to write big, isn't it? You've hit on the perfect role model of bravery, strength, and courage, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having the same struggle with my WiP. It's so true -- it's my laziness and my lack of courage! You have selected a very fitting patron saint for this battle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That painting is incredible. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patron saint of a WIP... I like it. Stand strong during those revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts