MMGM: Keeper of the Lost Cities

It's Monday! It's October! And tomorrow is the release day for Shannon Messenger's KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES, a book that I have been pretty much in love with ever since I read the ARC from Book Expo America. I mean: staring at it, thinking it about it all the time, telling everyone I know about it, puppy love.

If you will imagine the drum roll, I will provide the publisher's description:

Twelve-year-old Sophie Foster has a secret. She’s a Telepath—someone who hears the thoughts of everyone around her. It’s a talent she’s never known how to explain.

Everything changes the day she meets Fitz, a mysterious boy who appears out of nowhere and also reads minds. She discovers there’s a place she does belong, and that staying with her family will place her in grave danger. In the blink of an eye, Sophie is forced to leave behind everything and start a new life in a place that is vastly different from anything she has ever known.

Sophie has new rules to learn and new skills to master, and not everyone is thrilled that she has come “home.” There are secrets buried deep in Sophie’s memory—secrets about who she really is and why she was hidden among humans—that other people desperately want. Would even kill for.

In this page-turning debut, Shannon Messenger creates a riveting story where one girl must figure out why she is the key to her brand-new world, before the wrong person finds the answer first.


It's getting all sorts of crazy great reviews already. My personal reaction was something like: Wow, I love this book. This book is SO good. You know, I have hardly read ANY books with such great interweaving of action and emotional plots. Gosh, these are great characters. I love these characters. Did I mention how awesome these characters are? Yes? Did I mention the plotting? Oh. Well, it's STILL amazing.

Most of the original gushing was to my husband. Then my mom. Then my sister(s). Then I picked up the phone and it was a wrong number... ;)

Anyway, order it today. Or call your local indie bookstore and have them hold your copy. And if you have kids, you might want to hire a babysitter tomorrow...

Comments

  1. I have been hearing so much about this book lately. I'm going to have to get it. I've recently began to fall in love with MG fiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm. Your kind of gushing is what makes it hard to do decent book reviews. You've done well. I'll look for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pre-ordered it and cannot wait to get my hands on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Shannon's book finally being out in the world!!! In hardcover, officially, that is. I'm waiting for my signed copy to arrive next week after her launch and special donation set for Saturday in AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such an amazing book and the cover is fabulous! I loved that this book made you gush and that you have so many wonderful things to say about it. Yeah! Can't wait to read it.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thank you so much Faith! I am blushing bright red from all your gushing--and I adore you for it!! <3!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, yay for Shannon! I've heard such awesome things about this book and your review just makes me want to read it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Faith! Yes it sounds great! Can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts