Today I did an interview with Jame Richards, author of the soon-to-be-released Three Rivers Rising over at my book review blog.
I really enjoy doing author interviews, for one thing because I just love authors and learning about the way they see life. C. S. Lewis said, “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” I definitely feel that when I read the answers that authors give to my questions. It's wonderful being in a community of fun, interesting, kind people, so thanks to all of you!

It's a stunningly beautiful spring day here in Connecticut...which means a few things for me. One, I've been singularly unproductive, though I'm trying. Two, I have a craving for fresh fruits, and am definitely going to bypass the table and have a picnic tonight, even if it's inside with the windows open. And third, I've caught my annual L. M. Montgomery bug.


Speaking of writer friends, I wonder if Maud Montgomery could ever have imagined how many future writers would list her among their "kindred spirits" and inspirations. I'm reading Emily's Quest now, her semi-autobiographical novel about a young girl who dreams of becoming a writer, and my own determination to get past my writing struggles, unfavorable critiques, and daily difficulties has new strength.
If I can write a book with a hundreth of the impact any of hers has had and is having...that would be success that I can hardly dream of.

Comments

Popular Posts