Magic

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” 
-Roald Dahl


Or, in the words of my oldest daughter:
"How do you know fairies don't exist? Do you know everything God made? Do you think He isn't powerful enough to make fairies? Maybe He just wants to keep them a secret!"

Here's a picture I meant to share with you from much earlier this summer, when the girls and their Papa made fairy canoes from pea pods and floated them around the wading pool:


I hope you find something wondrous around you today! 
(Or go ahead and make it yourself....)


Comments

  1. I really love that quote from Dahl. He's one of my fav MG authors, and I just recently bought The BFG. So sweet what your little girl said, may she always keep that youthful optimism and belief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Lucy's quote. It's like, if the Book of Job were written by a 6-year-old :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One summer when we lived in Saudi Arabia, we met up with my grandparents in England. It was a sort of half-way point. I have such vivid, lovely memories of tromping through the countryside with my grandmother, on the hunt for fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy is a girl after my own heart ... and I am singing Credo ... omnium et invisibilium.

    Love the pea pod boat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pea-pod canoe is just precious! And I love the quote from Dahl, even though I'm not a Dahl fan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable canoe! I love the imagination behind it. And your daughter is right - how DO we know fairies don't exist? I, for one, hope they do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo of the pea-pod canoe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If only we could all have imaginations like your daughter's. I definitely value my imagination over my more-profitable, less-creative traits.
    Swing by my blog when you get a chance. I mentioned you in a post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts