Congratulations to the ALA winners!

You guys, I am so blog-blocked it isn't funny. Forgive me! And, you know, throw ideas of blog posts at me.

Just popping in to say congrats to all the winners announced today. I set a personal best in Newbery reading by having read 3 of 4 honor books (I hadn't read Paperboy) as well as the winner. I was so excited to see the gold sticker on Flora & Ulysses, definitely one of my favorite books of the year, and one you all should go read right now. I won't keep you by writing a long blog post or anything... just being selfless here, you know...nothing to do with a frozen brain...

Comments

  1. The only ones I've read are Paperboy and Flora & Ulysses. Looking forward to the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled with the choices and will be ordering some books from the library!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny, I was also feeling blog blocked, then remembered that friends like you encouraged me to write more personal posts, so I did. It's about a specific set of hard times and how they shaped me. So there's a theme for ya.

    How about some top five lists? Favorite settings, favorite fictional moms, favorite fictional pets, favorite first lines, that kind of thing?

    Or craft wise, since you write historical, tell us about some cool thing about the past you stumbled across or maybe tell us about favorite research tools.

    That's what I've got for today. Hope one of these things grabs you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading the honor books now. The only one I'd read was F&U. Which means my TBR pile is getting much too tall again.

    FWIW, I was less blog-blocked when I scheduled posts WAY ahead (I don't have the big inventory of to-be-posted posts at the moment, however). I know that to get to that point you have to write a bunch of posts in a short time and schedule them, and I know it shouldn't make sense that it's easier to get an idea for a post that will go up 6 weeks from now than one that will go up RIGHT now. But it is what it is.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts