The eternal optimist

Yesterday afternoon:
The girls were contentedly adorning themselves with items from the dress-up trunk...the housework was "done"...the house was filled only with the scrape-scrape-scrape of Mark carving a violin scroll in the next room over. I thought, "Perfect. Maybe I can get a little writing in."

...

Five minutes later:
Lucy said, "My dress is ripped! Can you fix it?"
Zoe said, "I am Peter Pan! I am Peter Pan! Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama, Mama--guess what? I am Peter Pan!"
Ginny ran around and around in circles, singing, "La la la la la la la la la la la....rum pum pum pum....la la la la la... rum pum pum pum...."
And Mark played scales on another violin, trying to adjust the tone.

...

Half an hour later:
The kitchen somehow looked like a tornado had struck. Dress up clothes were everywhere. Ginny had danced into Mark's shop and around the rest of the house, spreading little wood curls into every room.
But I got one sentence written. Totally worth it.

Comments

  1. You need a babysitter. I will play with the girls while you write for a little while. How old is Ginny now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would take you up on that in a second. :) Ginny will be a year and a half on Christmas Eve...

      Delete
  2. Maybe they'll take a nap this afternoon. Even Peter Pan has to recharge her batteries once in a while ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be surprised... ;) But of course I never give up hope!

      Delete
  3. One sentence written is better than no sentences written! Keep up your optimism. :) Wishing you at least five or six sentences written this weekend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! I love this snippet of your life. It sounds perfect! And yay for one sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to laugh at the rum pum pum pum -- my husband HATES that song.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts