A Homemade Christmas

Yep...still only the 4th day of Christmas, so don't expect me to jump ahead to celebrating St. Valentine's Day quite yet. :)

And I just can't resist sharing some of the lovely gifts I was given this Christmas:

A Christmas tree painted by Zoe

A lovely box made by Mark...

...which opens into a portable watercolor palette! (Just add paint...)


A wild rose painted (in oils) by Lucy. Isn't that incredible?!

And to round things off, here are some of the gifts I made for them in return:

A tiny stuffed mouse for Lucy.
 I may not be helping my case in the mouse wars...but I earned a giant hug and smile.

Currently, Master Mouse is joining Mary and Joseph in adoration.
They, in turn, seem unfazed by the sudden appearance of a hooded Rodent Of Unusual Size.

Genevieve's Tiny Turtle

Zoe's little clownfish

And a wee olive ornament for Mark, hiding amidst the fir branches.
Yes, a little odd, but we share a passion for green olives. :)
Now that my creativity can refocus on my writing, I'm jumping into revisions of a few set-aside projects. January always seems like a good time to give things a new chance, doesn't it?

Comments

  1. Those gifts are incredibly sweet and much better than anything you'd find in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your homemade Christmas gifts are impressive. And I keep everything up until Epiphany, myself. Did you know in Austria they call January 6th Little Christmas?

    I love the Princess Bride reference. Rodents of Unusual Size! Ha ha.

    Have a wonderful New Year, Faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Epiphany is the early cut-off date for celebrating around here. :) We plan on having a feast on the sixth, and we're exchanging a few small (again, homemade) gifts, too.
      Happy New Year, Joanne!

      Delete
  3. love the knit gifts!! those are always a treasure! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely treasure trove. The paintings and drawings of your little ones are amazing! And I didn't know you were so handy with knitting needles. The animals are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the knitting is pretty simple...just basic knit and purl with a few increases and decreases thrown in. But it was fun making the animals...I think I'm addicted. :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely, Faith! I'd like to make more homemade gifts next Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, Rena! It's a little time-consuming, but leaves your mind free to think and pray while you work, so it is much less stressful than trying to shop around for everyone in the crazy department stores...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts