Getting Ready...

Maybe it's an INFJ thing... (You Myers-Briggs fans know what I'm talking about.) But I think I love Advent even more than I love Christmas itself. All the planning! The readying! The glorious lists of dozens of cookies that end up being about two trays! (Just for clarification, I'm about to start my third tray, of which most will be frozen. Personal best!)

Anyways... Here are some of the ways we're getting ready this year....

Our German-style (hanging, with white candles) Advent wreath

An Advent calendar chain...

Every day has a new activity for us to do together, such as: read a Christmas story, make decorations, say a prayer to Baby Jesus, make a homemade present, watch a family Christmas movie, have hot cocoa by the fire...

...and the girls can see the chain getting shorter as we get closer to Christmas!

Lastly, a Jesse Tree!

...with homemade ornaments.

I knew those juice can lids would come in handy someday! :)

Comments

  1. Have we discussed this?? I'm an INFJ, too! Must be why I like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! I love the preparation as well. It really is a month long holiday. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be a romantic, with all the waiting and longing. I'll take Christmas over Advent, any day. In fact, I have a few Christmas decorations that stay out ALL year long. But I do appreciate this season of preparation. I love all of yours. Beautiful and faith-and-hope-filled.

    Come Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps -- I also like your new winter background ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's posts like this that get me ready for the holidays, and a need to seek the nearest cup of cocoa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very, very beautiful. And so wonderful for Children. As Vijaya says, I too love your new winter background. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness -- how absolutely beautiful! I love the Jesus tree. I have a small tree I keep downstairs that just have Nativity ornaments on it. I love yours and think that would be a fun thing to start with my boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sweet preparations! What a joyful time. I really like the idea of doing something special each day leading up to Christmas! We are big advent fans over here, too. If I can just slow the pace down a little bit, I'd like to take more time to just soak it all in and enjoy! Happy Advent to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful gift you're giving your children. They will remember Advent and Christmas quite fondly, and hopefully keep the tradition alive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your girls are getting so big! It's cool to see what your house looks like (in bits and pieces.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts