Poetry Friday: Lucy Maureen Hough

Well, I couldn't think of any enlightening topics on which to post today.
So, I present Lucy's first ever poem (at least that I have been able to jot down before I forgot it). I wish I could tap into the unlimited creativity of my five-year-old...


Did You Ever
by Lucy Maureen Hough

Roar! Roar!
Roar! Roar!
Did you ever ever hear a dinosaur?
Did you ever hear a dinosaur?
And did you hear him say
Crocky crocky, 
Crocky crocky?
And did you wonder why he said it?
Did you wonder why he said it?
It's because he ate a crocky-gator!
Crocky crocky,
Crocky crocky!

As soon as I relayed this poem to Mark, she protested, "No! No! I meant crocodile! I just got confused!" I include her amendment for honesty's sake...but I like it best the original way. 
It makes you wonder...what exactly would a crocky-gator be like?

She does her good thinking at the beach, too...



Comments

  1. Well, some of us have trouble telling a gator apart from a crocodile so a crocky-gator solves that problem. Very cute poem.

    By the way, today I saw a turtle-gator. It's a turtle with the tail of an alligator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, Lucy looks so BIG!!!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell her that Aunt Natalie loves it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts