C. S. Lewis News!

I know you guys love C. S. Lewis as much as I do, so I'm passing along some exciting news relating to him that I've discovered over the past few days.

First, this book is coming out June 1st:


It includes multiple drafts of a hitherto unpublished Lewis short story, "Light," as well as commentary on how the story was found, how it was written, and how its themes intersect with some of Lewis's most beloved works. My reader brain is screaming, "Yes! More Lewis!" And my writer brain is screaming even more loudly, "Multiple drafts! I can get an insight into Lewis's thought process!"
Come back in June, because I am definitely going to have a giveaway. In the meantime, you can read more about the book here.

Second, a movie about Lewis's early life is in the making! I received the following email, which I'll share with all you fellow fans of Lewis here:

Dear fellow C. S. Lewis and Tolkien lovers,
My name is Louis Markos and I am a Professor of English and Scholar in Residence/Robert H. Ray Chair in Humanities at Houston Baptist University.  I am the author of Lewis Agonistes: How C. S. Lewis can Train us to Wrestle with the Modern and Postmodern WorldApologetics for the 21st CenturyRestoring Beauty: The Good, the True, and the Beautiful in the Writings of C. S. Lewis, The Life and Writings of C. S. Lewis (lecture series), On the Shoulders of Hobbits: The Road to Virtue in Tolkien and Lewis (due out from Moody in Fall of 2012), and From Achilles to Christ: Why Christians Should Read the Pagan Classics (inspired by Lewis’s belief that Christ was the myth that was made fact). 
I have co-written a screenplay, The Lion Awakes, which tells the exciting story of how an imagination-phobic atheist named C. S. Lewis became the 20th century’s greatest defender of Christianity and the author of the Chronicles of Narnia.  The script captures as well Lewis’s dynamic friendship with J. R. R. Tolkien, a friendship that helped lead Lewis to faith in Christ and Tolkien to write The Lord of the Rings.  The film climaxes with Lewis giving his Broadcast Talks over the BBC during the dark days of WWII—talks that were later published as Mere Christianity.  To find out more about this film, which is poised to go into pre-production, please visit the following link, which not only gives full information on the film (including a concept trailer and a video with testimonies from the production team) but offers Lewis and Tolkien fans, through KickStarter, the chance to donate money to the film and to receive some wonderful gifts in return.  We need to raise this money so that we can go directly to investors and thus avoid having to partner with a Hollywood company that would steal away our script and strip it of its full and rich Christian content.
As a fellow lover of Lewis and/or Tolkien, I ask of you three things: 1) please visit the link and read about our film: 2) please consider donating; 3) please forward this email on to everyone in your address book.  We would like to create a huge groundswell that would allow us to tell, faithfully, the story of Lewis and Tolkien.  Only with your help can we accomplish our goal.  Thanks and blessings,
Lou Markos

Sounds exciting to me....
Happy Monday, everyone! 

Comments

  1. Wow! I'm so with you on this! Not just a new story from Lewis, but an insight into his process. Can it get any better? Think not! And what a cool email. Sounds like an interesting film~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how totally awesome. Thanks for letting us know about this, Faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book looks so interesting! Thanks for sharing the news!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts