Happy Feast Day!


Happy feast of Saint Francis de Sales, one of the patron saints of writers!
I'll leave you with a few things that he wrote to inspire or encourage you in your own writing:

“True progress quietly and persistently moves along without notice.”

“When you encounter difficulties and contradictions, do not try to break them, but bend them with gentleness and time.”

“Nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing so gentle as true strength.”

“Have patience with all things, but first of all with yourself.”

“Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.”

Comments

  1. These are beautiful. Thanks for offering up some inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. These are perfect. Today's readings about King David made me think how much I want to write with abandon. Too bad revisions are a bit of a slog ... but I can see my story getting better, so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that reading, too. I try to revise with joy, though abandon does seem to limit itself to initial creation... I'm glad your revisions are going well!

      Delete
  3. So what else did this Saint write? Or did he just write quotes? How does he know if they're truly poignant or not if all he wrote was quotes? lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you asked! He wrote An Introduction to the Devout Life, among other things. It's a beautiful guide to being holy no matter what your state in life is.

      Delete
  4. What an awesome thing to celebrate! I'm totally going to have something for dinner in honor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts