Catholic Reading Challenge (#CathLIT2019) and a Printable Worksheet!

Happy fourth day of Christmas! You'd better believe we celebrate ALL the days of Christmas around here (because otherwise I'd never get to the plans I'd made for Advent...)! Today we've been working on a family activity of sewing the aprons that were supposed to be made by me and wrapped up under the tree. Tomorrow: mailing Christmas cards to grandparents. Next week: making a gingerbread house. It's obviously better this way, right??

One of my very favorite Christmas season activities is finishing up my last few books of the year and making plans for the following year. Since 2015 (I think?), I've been attempting the Modern Mrs. Darcy Reading Challenge and generally failing epically somewhere around August. I'm trying again this year (because I love it!!), but to switch things up a little, I'll also be attempting to read 19 "Catholic" books in 2019, along with Haley Stewart at Carrots for Michaelmas. Anyone else trying that this year? 

I created a little checklist for myself (because checklists are awesome), and since I went to all the trouble of formatting and so on, I thought I'd share it with all of you. I think you should be able to just click the image below to download and print it. If it doesn't work, let me know. Maybe I can email it to you? 

Finally, help me out here. What books should I check out in 2019? (Not just Catholic ones! :) Do any of my author friends have new books releasing? What 2018 books should I read quickly before they win Newbery honors in January? What were your favorite reads of 2018?



Comments

  1. Oh, pick me! My friend Walker Larson wrote "The Skystillers", a great sci-fi novel with Catholic undertones. My book "Name Unspoken" gets released on January 3rd, but I'm a little biased about that one ;). Other favorite reads of the year: "The Problem Of Pain" by C.S. Lewis and "Beneath A Scarlet Sky" by Mark Sullivan. I have SO MANY book recommendations, I'm putting them into blog posts for this coming year. It'll be nice to pool ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cadence! I love book recommendations, and I'm looking forward to your book especially! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Faith! Thanks so much for joining in with #cathLIT2019 ! Would you be willing to let me share your printable (with a link back to you, of course!) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! :) Of course. And thanks for being the brains behind the challenge! I'm so excited for this year of reading.

      Delete
  3. Faith, you are so wonderful to make this printable!!! Thank you. I'd read Haley's post and was grousing when writing the categories in my notebook. I just finished a historical fiction that I think you'd enjoy as long as you're not feeling too hormonal: Lilli de Jong by Janet Benton. It's really a good snapshot of mothers and babies and nurslings in the late 1800s and you can imagine the plot having something to do with separation of mothers and babies, but it has a happy ending :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts