Winter flowers


Right now feels like the final push before spring...the last weeks of Lent.
Why is winter always too long and Lent always too short?

Anyway, I saved these snowdrops from the heavy snow and ice that hit today. Having fresh flowers in the house is tremendously motivating and refreshing...and hopeful.

Hang in there. The resurrection of the earth and the Resurrection of the Lord are both around the corner! 

Also: gratuitous cute toddler photo. :) You're welcome.


P.S. We finally caved and bought a newer phone (i. e. not one a decade old), and it has a camera! Granted, I still need to learn how to use it properly!

Comments

  1. He is SO cute! And so big! The girls and I bought some purple and white flowers for the table. They are so happy but Lenten because of the purple maybe ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for Liturgical flowers. :) We miss you all, Rachel!

      Delete
  2. So pretty and so handsome!!! I hope you will post lots more pictures now. I have purple mums the Ave kids got as a gift and I love them in the kitchen. Will plant them outside when it warms up (yes, even us poor Carolinians are feeling the cold wind). And I have to admire the Feet of our Blessed Lord. Did Mark carve the Crucifix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I had to be sure to get Jesus' feet into the picture! Mark did not carve the crucifix--actually my nephew carved the cross part, but the corpus was rescued, if you will, from a sale when a church was closing many years ago.
      I hope it warms up in SC soon! Then you can post lots of pictures of your spring so I can have more hope that ours will be here very soon. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts