Creative Links of the Week: music!

Tea and Telemann, by Mark Langdale Hough

I started this week with the best of intentions of putting out not one, but three (!) blog posts. Then my baby got sick, a giant storm hit, and our power got knocked out.

The baby is mostly better (runny nose and cough, poor thing, but breastmilk is amazing medicine), but the power is still out. So this post is brought to you courtesy of my parents' electricity and internet. (I may have mentioned this before: all creative people should really consider living within a short driving distance of their parents.) Thanks, Mom and Dad.

What with the craziness of the week, we fell back on the routine creativity that is already a habit in our lives. For us, music happens, even when life falls apart a little bit. This is one advantage of having a husband who makes and repairs violins and cellos. Another advantage, we get to hear crazy, crazy good musicians on an almost-daily basis when they come in to have their instruments repaired or adjusted.

Like this guy:


Yet another advantage: hearing crazy good musicians on an almost-daily basis is very motivating when it comes to practicing music ourselves. Naturally we don't all start out at concertmaster level, though, so this video was also particularly encouraging for my beginning players:


Keep creating! I want to hear about what beauty you've been making.

Comments

  1. I heard how many thousands of people are without power--that's just so dreadful in the cold. But music and a warm fireplace should be a balm. Praying for you all. I've been singing--preparing for High Mass for Laetare Sunday. And listening to Bach for a little book project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: fun to see Mark's painting again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers, Vijaya! I'm very blessed and grateful to have family nearby. The temperature in the house got down to the 40's on the stormy night we had to stay there until it was safe to drive.
      What are you singing for Laetare Sunday?? And I'm very curious about this book project. I've been listening to Bach for a book project of mine as well! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts