Celebrating!

Nope, no baby news yet. :)

At least, not my baby. But I am celebrating this news about another baby:

"Christy Ottaviano of Christy Ottaviano Books at Henry Holt has acquired Smelly Baby, a picture book debut by Betsy Devany to be illustrated by Christopher Denise. Everybody thinks Smelly Baby is gross, but she is beloved by Lucy. No one understands how amazing Smelly Baby is – or so Lucy thinks until Smelly Baby is ripped from the family car. Publication is scheduled for spring 2016; Emily van Beek at Folio Literary Management did the deal on behalf of both Devany and Denise."

Betsy was one of my first critique partners, and is probably one of the most excited, enthusiastic writers you'll ever meet. Hop over to her blog to say congratulations!

Comments

  1. Faith, I saw this on PW. How wonderful it is to celebrate!!! Congratulations, Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, Faith, you almost gave me a heart attack -- and not about the baby. :)

    Congrats to Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, sorry about that. :) I'll try to make my title more straightforward next time! But celebrating the success of friends is every bit as sweet as celebrating for myself.

      Delete
  3. Super great title- it really sticks in your head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Faith!
    I might add that my main character (Lucy) shares a name with one of Faith's beautiful daughters.
    I appreciate everyone's congratulations, and once I recover from my recent shoulder surgery, I will blog about the journey, which led to my first book contract.
    May you write with passion, patience, and persistence.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you chose your mc's name well, even if I am a bit prejudiced about it. :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks to you all for stopping by to congratulate Betsy! I can't wait for everyone to have a chance to read her writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts