Zoe's first storytelling

"Once upon a time...
there lived a boy named Peter Pan.
And--guess what?
Captain Hook tried to KILL him!
Peter Pan said, "Ahhh! Ahhh!"
But Captain Hook CAPTURED him!
Peter Pan didn't know what to do!
Until--
He jumped up and fighted Captain Hook!
And then Winnie the Pooh came and saved him.
The end."

My writer-mama heart just glows with pride at the line: "Peter Pan didn't know what to do!" Zoe's only 2 1/2, and she's already figured out quite a few essential story-telling techniques...despite the "Pooh ex machina" ending. :)

Comments

  1. Ha ha! The "Pooh ex machina" is a wonderful twist on the trope. Who'd ever expect the honey-loving bumbler to become the hero?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing my little guys stories. I never know what his imagination will dream up and it is such neat insight into the workings of their little brains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the apple does not fall far from the tree :) You made me snort my tea! Pooh-ex-machina c'est tres brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love how the story elements are there. Pooh-ex-machina is a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I love it! That's SO AMAZING for someone SO YOUNG! Holy moley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kid's versions of a story are better than the actual story sometimes. It reminds me of the movie Bedtime Stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! She's telling stories like that at 2 1/2?!? Amazing! I love the "fighted" bit, too. So cute. And Winnie the Pooh is a hero! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. "Pooh ex machina" is hilarious and just perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, little Zoey!! So cute!=)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts