Sources of inspiration

 Thanks to everyone who had your fingers crossed for me last Wednesday as I read a chapter of THE WITHERING VINE for the Tassy Walden Awards ceremony. Surprisingly, I found that I wasn't nervous in the least, and (as far as I can tell) I didn't pronounce anything drastically wrong or anything like that. :) I think I actually like reading in public, at least to a public so supportive as everyone at Wednesday's gathering! I love having the chance to meet with other writers...between the Tassies and last weekend's NESCBWI conference, I've been on a bit of a writing high.

Which is lucky, because at 34 weeks pregnant, I can use every encouragement I can get to get me energized. I know I have six weeks left, but I'm ready for Baby to come already!

I want one of these....
Another encouragement was attending the Connecticut Renaissance Fair a couple weekends ago; there's nothing like browsing the wares of medieval clothing and hat and instrument vendors—and seeing swordplay and jousting reenactments—to refresh the Medieval world in my mind as I complete a few more “tweaks.” I hope the pictures inspire you, too!

"Robin Hood" was kind enough to stop robbing the rich long enough to pose with "Princess Lucy" :)
And I definitely need one of these...
There's nothing like the clang of steel against steel!

Comments

  1. How did I not know you were pregnant, Faith? How exciting.

    And I've always wanted to go to the Renaissance Fair. *sigh*

    Good job doing well at the reading. I'm not surprised. You're *meant* to be an author. :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like touching and feeling things when you write about them. Sensory details are soooo important. I'm just tickled with all the energy you have ... and it's a good thing too, because if I remember back, I was mighty sleepy once the baby arrived. Vijaya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for the writing high! Those pics are awesome. Your little princess charming Robin Hood pic is so sweet. I haven't gone to a Renaissance Fair in years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts