Introducing my newest writer's assistant...

It's a late announcement, as I've been mostly avoiding the internet as much as possible these days--to avoid the craziness and focus on soaking up all my time with this little beauty:

Here's my little gnome, Léonie Jane, when she was only two days old (two weeks ago!):


She's named for Servant of God Léonie Martin (St. Therese's trouble-making sister, who Mark and I have always had a devotion to) and St. Jane Frances de Chantal, a saint I only got to know better this past year, but who has been my mentor through the anxieties of miscarriage, pregnancy, labor, and the crazy world my baby was born into.

I did say Fridays would be for poetry around here, but perhaps this beautiful quote from St. Jane Frances is near enough to poetry. As I rest here and praise God for this newest, miraculous gift of a child--even while fighting against anxieties about viruses and loneliness and the inability to attend Mass and receive the Eucharist--I find Jane's word particularly resonant:

"We must be as satisfied to be powerless, idle and still before God, and dried up and barren when He permits it, as to be full of life, enjoying His presence with ease and devotion. The whole matter of our union with God consists in being content either way."

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Faith and Mark! She's gorgeous, and I loved learning the story of her name. Take care of yourself as well as of Léonie Jane. Get lots of rest, and continue to avoid the internet. It's scary and sad out there. Stay healthy, all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a dolly! Congratulations. Lovely name with a lovely story. Thanks for the affirmation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is pretty sweet, isn't she? ;) Thanks so much, Rosi.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! She is beautiful. I also love Leonie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! What a beautiful child :). I just had my first in February, and have been fighting the same anxieties as you--what a beautiful quote from St Frances! Btw have you had a chance to finish reading my book? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cadence! And I hope to soon! I'm finally tackling my massive to read pile, thanks to mandatory resting after a new baby and sheltering at home. :/ There's always a silver lining, huh?

      Delete
    2. Congratulations Cadence!!!! Heading over to your blog to see if you have a picture.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations!!! What a gorgeous baby!!! I want to kiss those cheeks!!! And what a beautiful quote from St. Jane. I needed that reminder. God bless you and protect you from all dangers. Love, V.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts