Links for your weekend

Gratuitous Baby Photo, courtesy of My Dad. :)


I know I don't often share links, but these few posts made me very happy on an otherwise rough-and-tumble kind of day. I hope they make you smile you as well!

On Publication and Faith, by Francisco X. Stork

My favorite part: "This other mystery-filled faith gives me the assurance that the book will find it’s way to the person who needs just this book at just this time in her or his life. And so these faiths allow me to let go of The Memory of Light full of peace. I will do what I can to bring the book and its values to others’ awareness, but I hope that my actions will be done with the peace of someone who knows that the fruits and results of his labor are no longer his responsibility."


What Makes Marriage Strong and Beautiful, by Savory Jacobson

My favorite part: "No matter how small the destination happens to be – either of them is usually willing to tag along. It could be a trip to Home Depot, it could be to Costco. It could be to the tree nursery, or to the bank. And all this takes place in little, dry, dusty Central Oregon. But by their attitudes, you’d think they were going out for a round of champagne kisses."


Write Club 2016: Advice from Past Winners

Including this wise and profound gem from my husband Mark: "Hmm, how did I win? Let’s just say it involved bribing some very influential magic goats." Yep, that's my Mark. :)

Comments

  1. Oh, those cheeks! Edible!!!

    Love the quotes, will read them tomorrow. And "influential magic goats" made me snort my tea.

    Thank you for these gold nuggets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic! so cute. :-)

    I'm especially intrigued by the snipped from Stork. I write faith-based stories and it's often a struggle to get the story right in a way that's both realistic and life giving--and a temptation to tinker endlessly. Off to go read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gratuitous baby photo. Keep 'em coming! Enjoyed the quote from Savory Jacobson.

    Oh, so that's how Mark won! Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... this little guy is sooo cute! He is definitely my favorite Hough grandson! So what if he is my ONLY Hough grandson? In essence, isn't every child a faith-filled mystery... whose lives unfold page-by-page, paragraph by paragraph, each and every day?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts