Are you in the mood for an art show?


Mater Gratiae, by Mark Langdale Hough, Oil on Canvas, 2014

Welcome to the viewing of the not-so-secret project
that my husband Mark has been working on for the past several months.
This painting, Mater Gratiae, is on display at the Salmagundi Club in New York
as part of the Hudson Valley Art Association's annual juried exhibition.
If you live near New York City, you can go see it in person!
(My apologies for the image quality; it's a little blurry because we need a tripod.
Also, getting the lighting right so it looks as it does in person is muy dificil.)

Comments

  1. WOW. Zoe was telling me about this!! Wow wow wow. This leaves me breathless, I could honestly stare at it for hours. So beautiful. . .I can sort of see your face in hers =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie! Yes, I modeled for this one. It feels a little strange to see my face in a representation of the mother of God!

      Delete
  2. That is an amazing piece of artwork. It's so clear and vivid that it almost looks more like a picture than a painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leandra! I wish the picture was better, because it is crisper in real life...

      Delete
  3. Incredible! You're family has so much talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Lady is beautiful and I love her hands ... drawing me nearer. She looks suspiciously like you too. Did you sit for Mark? I've only read about the Salmagundi in books! This is for real

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I modeled for this one. The hands were the hardest parts to model--I'm not sure about the painting end of it. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness! This is just amazing! What incredible, beautiful talent your husband has!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very gorgeous. I see you in her, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! Mark painted this piece? It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts