Sunshiny Days

Thank you, Donna (from Mainely Write), for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I readily admit that I've had major blog block lately (but it's okay--I'm unblocked  in my novel writing, so I can't complain. You can if you want, though). So I am especially grateful for someone telling me what on earth I should type in this stultifyingly blank blogger page!


1. What inspired you to start blogging?  
A couple of my critique partners (Paula Kay McLaughlin and Kathryn Hulick) had started blogs, and we all talked a bit about the importance of an online presence for writers. It scared me half to death, but I recovered and started writing a few posts that I didn't tell anyone about. Then someone discovered me, and I was forced to get a little more extroverted.

2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?

Would you believe hours and hours of careful planning?

3. What is your favorite blog to read?

Sharon Creech's blog, Words We Say, always makes me feel inspired to write.

4. Tell us about your dream job:
I've always (literally since I could express such things in words) wanted to be a mother and a writer. So I have my dream job! There was this one year in high school, though, when I thought being on the panel for the Oxford English Dictionary would be the coolest thing ever...if I didn't decide to rescue injured raptors with a group in the Catskills.

5. Is your glass half-full or half-empty?
All the way empty right now. I just sipped the last bit of coconut-mango oolong tea from it.

In other meanings, I'm an optimist 100%.

6. If you could go anywhere for a week's vacation, where would you go?
Florence, Italy. For starters.

7. What food can you positively not eat?
Apparently, with the return of the 17-year cicadas here in New England, there is a restaurant in New Haven offering cicada on their menu. I'm curious, but not that curious.

8. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Milk. Although I will eat dark chocolate on occasion for purely medicinal reasons.

9. How much time do you spend blogging?
A few hours a week, when I know what I want to write about.

10. Do you watch TV and if so, what are your favorite shows? 
Not really--I'm more of a movie person, and we don't have an antenna or cable or whatever they're using these days. But if Sherlock counts as TV, then that. 

I'm supposed to pass this along to 10 other bloggers, but you should know before giving me an award that I'm pretty much always going to break that rule, because, well, I'm an introvert, and I always worry that I'm pressuring people. But if you're stuck in a blogging block like I was and in dire need of something to write about, feel free to let me know in the comments and I will award you then. :)

Comments

  1. Cicada on a restaurant menu? Ick! I'm with you.
    I read your excellent interview with Laura Golden before I read her delightful debut. So thanks for pointing me in the direction of her book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you are unblocked on your novel ... funny that you were nervous about starting a blog. So thankful you did. I couldn't have a truer friend. It's been a great joy and blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want an alternative to the cicadas, at least one local Thai restaurant offers "Fried Worms" (also known as "Bamboo Caterpillars")... and you don't have to wait 17 years for the next 'treat!' Personally, I'll stick with czernina.

    Very nice picture!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts