MMGM guest post by my 12-year-old: review of The Thief Knot, by Kate Milford

In these postpartum days, having a 12-year-old daughter Lucy is saving my life; she cooks meals, reads to the toddlers, holds the baby so I can rest--and now she's even reviewing books for me. :)

Lu found my Netgalley e-arc of The Thief Knot, by Kate Milford, on my kindle and proceeded to beg me to let her read it, since the Greenglass House books are among her very favorites. Enjoy her review--and expect to see some more here in the future!


Support Independent Bookstores - Visit IndieBound.org

***


Marzana Hakelbarend lives in the Liberty of Gammerbund, which--as her best friend, Nialla, puts it--is the town where nothing happens. But then, one evening, Marzana learns that a kidnapping has been committed...and that the suspect is probably in the Liberty! Soon, she’s on an awesome adventure to find the crook--or crooks?--and save the victim! With the help of Nialla, some new friends--and one old one--she’s ready to take on anything. But with obstacles occuring (and parents getting suspicious), she has to decide: will she stand down and let the adults take charge, or will she and her friends save the day?

This book is an offshoot to one of my favorite series, the Greenglass House books, and is just as fun! I loved how Kate Milford put so many differences in this book than in previous books but still managed to keep the elements (like plot twists and great characters) that make you love them!

This book is especially recomended for fans of The Winterborne Home for Vengeance and Valor, or any of Kate Milford’s other books!

***
You can purchase this book from your own independent bookstore by clicking the image above, or this link. (I'm an Indiebound affiliate, so I will receive a small commission of the sale.) Please support your local businesses anyway you can right now!

For more Marvelous Middle Grade Monday recommendations and reviews, visit Greg's blog: https://gpattridge.com

Comments

  1. I enjoyed your review, Lucy. I've not read any of Kate Milford's books but your enthusiasm has convinced me to change that void in my life very soon. Nice job, and I hope we see more of your reviews on future MMGM's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review. I hadn't heard of this series but it sounds like this one has a great plot and a mystery. Hope to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Greenglass House is one of the rare books that I can reread a gazillion times without it ever getting old! I haven't read much about the spin-offs, though, so thanks for highlighting this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Greenglass House, and some of Mitford's other books. This sounds intriguing! My son liked this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your excellent review, Lucy. I'm hooked! I wasn't aware of this new series and I love Mitford. The Greenglass House was a favorite book and I have yet to read the second. One of the few authors who really caught me off guard with the ending!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy, an excellent review. You're also a very good writer! I hope to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, everyone! Lucy reads far more than I do these days, so I'll be sure to keep posting some of her excellent reviews. :) You think I should give her some extra credit, as I'm her teacher as well as her mom?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for extra credit and plenty of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice review! I haven't read any books by Milford. I might just have to give her books a try. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Lucy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy.

Popular Posts